Goldfish are popular child's first pets as they are undemanding, inexpensive, need little care and are attractive and colourful.
Most of the attraction lies in the wide variety of their colours.
Since they are tough, they can survive in surprisingly poor condition, but deserve the best possible care.
And because of their longevity, hardness and willingness to breed, they are good for aquariums or ponds.
FEW GUIDELINES FOR FRESH WATER KEEPING.
- Keep water clean and well oxygenated
- Well balanced food
- Tank should be big enough for the fish
- Place gravel at the bottom of the tank to reduce reflection
- Tank must be well positioned and away form heat and vibration
- The aquarium should have sufficient amount of water
- Do not over crowd the tank
- Change water regularly
- Feed twice a day, but small amounts.
- Never over feed, only as much as the fish can eat in two minutes
- Treat fish if diseased
- Check aquarium temperature daily
- Ensure filtration is adequate and maintained regularly
�copyright kingfisheries 2019